Relocating to the UK? A Comprehensive Guide? A Comprehensive Guide: In 2019, the United Kingdom saw an influx of 612,000 foreign nationals, as reported by the government. Great Britain has risen to the top of the list of desirable places to live due to its thriving economy, plentiful job opportunities, and generous social welfare system. However, there are a few crucial details to think about before making the move to the UK.
To begin with, a visa is required for stays in the United Kingdom that are longer than six months. But that also depends on your nationality. Another essential consideration is that not all migration paths are the same in terms of complexity. To move to the UK, for instance, a work or study visa is required, and there are specific requirements to complete to be granted any.
EF Global Travels immigration lawyers can answer your questions about UK immigration if you thinking about moving from Nigeria to the UK and elsewhere.
Routes to Relocating to the UK:
1.. Standard Visitor Visa. This visa type allows you to travel to the country to sightsee, conduct business, or see loved ones while they’re there. It is a regular vacation visa.
2. Skilled Worker formerly Tier 2 Visa: In addition, Nigerians and other nationals may be eligible for employment in the United Kingdom if they possess a Skilled Worker visa or another qualifying work visa.
3. Student or Study Visa: The United Kingdom is a great option for students looking for a place to further their education. You may wish to read all about how to go about applying and securing admission to the UK for study here There are two distinct visa categories for students wishing to study in the United Kingdom. Here are a few examples:
The Short term course visa, and
the Tier 4 or General visa
4. Partner or Spouse Visa: You and your British partner can settle down together in the United Kingdom for up to 30 months with the help of a Partner Visa UK, also known as a UK Spouse Visa. This visa is classified as a Family-based visa.
5. Settlement Visa: If you are a non-British national and you are currently employed, residing, studying, or taking protection (refuge) in the UK, you may be considering applying for settlement in the UK.
We are here to help if you need guidance determining the right visa for your situation, have concerns about the application process, or require support submitting your visa application. Consult with our immigration lawyers to improve your chances of being granted a visa to the United Kingdom. Chat us now to get started.
Apply for a long-term visa from the UK government to relocate there:
Locate the appropriate visa category.
Fill out the Visa application.
Get your stuff and head over to the UK.
Get Permanent Residency Status (ILR).
Job Applications to the UK:
To apply for a work visa in the UK, you must first have a job or a work offer in hand. Obtaining a sponsored visa requires you to verify that your prospective employer will act as your visa sponsor.
EF Global can assist you to procure a job sponsorship visa as well as other visa categories to the UK. All you have to do right now is call or chat with our consultant to get started
Determine Which Visa Type You Need
Several routes to immigration to the United Kingdom exist, each tailored to a different set of talents and career goals. As such, you must investigate several visa choices to determine which one is the most suitable for your circumstances. In this piece, we shall closely examine the skilled worker visa route, among others.
A few examples of the most frequent kinds of work visas are:
1. Entrepreneur visa or visa for innovators.
2. Visa for highly skilled workers.
3. Visa for athletes competing internationally.
Make sure the visa category you’re applying for allows for eventual citizenship.
Visa applications should be submitted.
Once you have determined which visa you wish to apply for, you must gather the necessary materials and apply. Visas are often obtained by applying to a regional representative office (immigration or third-party reps) and then waiting for a response. The time it takes to receive your visa after applying can range from a few weeks to many months.
Prepare your belongings and depart for the UK.
If your application is accepted, the visa office will inform you via email or regular mail of their decision and the next steps. A “vignette” or “sticky visa,” as it is more commonly known, that will be attached to your passport will also include information about your immigration status, including the type of visa you have, how long it will be valid for, and other relevant details.
You must go to the post office to pick up your biometric residence permit (BRP) as soon as you arrive in the United Kingdom (if you applied outside of the UK). Your right to reside and work in the United Kingdom can be verified by showing your BRP to potential employers.
Never forget that if you verify your identity online with the “UK Immigration: ID Check” app, you will not be issued a “vignette” or biometric resident permit.
If you need assistance with your relocation to the United Kingdom, don’t hesitate to call up a top-tier moving company like EF Global Services Inc. for assistance. You can cut your relocation costs by as much as 40% just by requesting a quote from us.
Apply for Permanent Residency Status.
Five years spent in the UK on a work visa is all it takes to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Permanent Residence). If you meet the requirements, applying for British citizenship after receiving your ILR gives you the right to remain in the country indefinitely.
Where Should I Live?
It’s crucial to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of relocating to the UK before making a final decision.
What Should I Do If I Don’t Have a Job Before I Arrive in the UK?
You can migrate to the UK without a job if you are particularly bright, wealthy, or have a family tie to the country. If you want, you can apply for another type of visa, such as:
1. You need an ancestry visa. If you can prove that a grandparent of yours was born in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man, you may be eligible to apply for a visa. Foreign nationals from the Commonwealth can also apply for this visa.
2. An Overseas Visa for British Citizens. This visa may be available to you if you can demonstrate a family or other ancestry link to one of the former Commonwealth colonies.
3. Visa for Investors. This visa is available to anyone who can demonstrate a financial commitment of at least £2 million to the United Kingdom.
4. Visa for the world’s best and brightest. To qualify for this Visa, you must have demonstrated excellence in one of the following areas:
*The world of academia and scientific inquiry.
*Culture and the arts.
*The age of the digital.
Moving to the UK specifically for school is possible, although student visas are typically only valid for a specific number of months.
Moving to the UK to Join Relatives
Family members can sponsor you to come to the UK and live with them. To achieve this goal, a family-based visa application must be submitted:
*To be able to travel with one’s spouse, a family visa is required.
*Obtaining a family visa so a child can live with his or her parent.
*The children’s family visa.
*Temporary residency for family members who will be providing long-term care.
Typically, a family visa will permit you to remain in the nation for up to 2.5 years, but this time limit may change. If you want to visit the United Kingdom to be with your fiancé instead of your spouse, you’ll only be able to stay for six months before you need to file for a visa extension.
How Difficult Is It to Relocate to the UK?
Moving to the United Kingdom can be challenging if you don’t have a stable job offer, British relatives, a large sum of money, or something else that sets you apart from other potential residents. Where you’re from may also play a factor here. As an illustration, European Union nationals have an easier time obtaining a long-term visa than citizens of other countries. However, moving to the UK won’t be a problem if you have a job offer, a special talent that makes you stand out, like tech expertise, and meet the visa requirements.
EF Global Services Inc. boasts of seasoned immigration experts and are poised to assist you migrate legally to the UK and elsewhere at a budget that will leave you satisfied. Kindly get in touch with us right away for a chat on your immigration needs.