UK Skilled Worker Visa Category: If you have a job offer from an organization that has been screened and is permitted to sponsor foreign workers, you are eligible to enter or stay in the UK on a Skilled Worker Visa.
The UK replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa with the skilled worker option or category to make sure the purpose of this visa type is served.
Therefore, a skilled worker visa holder must fulfill a number of requirements in order to qualify.
Criteria for Skilled Worker Visa Eligibility:
1. Obtain employment with a Home Office-registered company in the UK.
2. Possess a “certificate of sponsorship” from your employer describing the position you have been offered in the UK.
3. Engage in employment that enables you to receive benefits while earning a living.
4. Receive compensation, with the amount varying according to the tasks you complete.
5. The Ability to Communicate in English
To be eligible to apply for the Skilled Worker status, a person must be able to communicate in spoken, written, and read-and-write English.
The Following Conditions Apply to English Language Proficiency
1. possess citizenship in a country where English is the official language.
2. Prove your English proficiency by passing a test by a recognized testing agency such as IELTS.
3. Hold a degree taught in English and at least on par with a bachelor’s degree in the UK.
Validity of the Skilled Visa Category
The UK’s skilled visa category is not without expiration. The maximum validity period is 5 years, and you are expected to have renewed your stay in the country. If your visa is about to expire or if you switch occupations, you will need to apply to renew or update it.
If you have continuously resided in the United Kingdom for five years, you may be qualified to apply for settlement, also known as indefinite permission to remain. As a result, you are free to stay in the country and engage in any lawful activities you see fit, including jobs and education. After a year of continuous residency in the UK, you can apply for British citizenship.
specifics regarding the Skilled Worker Visa, including its permitted and prohibited undertakings.
The following are things you can do with a skilled worker visa:
1. Obtain a job that qualifies
2. Dependents can accompany or join you in the UK. So, you are legally entitled to bring your loved ones to the UK.
3. Take another job with your current employer’s permission. You are allowed to accept additional employment. There will only be a maximum of 20 extra hours per week.
4. Make use of your spare time by volunteering.
5. Travel abroad and return to the UK whenever you like.
6. If you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other requirements, you can apply for permanent residency (sometimes known as “indefinite permission to remain”).
Things to which you are not entitled
Except when updating your visa, you cannot apply for the State Pension, the majority of public funds/benefits, or other benefits.
EF Global Services Inc. is at your service to guide you through the entire process to possess the UK Skilled Worker Category Visa. Why not chat with her representative to get started, you will be glad you did.