South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme: Apply now to join the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) for a yearlong postgraduate program called the Graduate Development Programme 2024. The SARB Academy will host several learning interventions for graduates to participate in throughout the Programme.
By ensuring price and financial stability, the SARB advances the country’s economic interests. The South African Reserve Bank is an independent government agency that regulates the country’s banking industry, designs and distributes currency, controls interest rates, determines how much money banks must keep on hand at all times, and guarantees the economy as a whole remains stable.
Company/Organisation(s): The South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
Program Type: Graduate Development Program
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: 1 year
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates
Nationality: South Africans
What to Expect From the South African Reserve Bank’s Graduate Development Programme
The SARB’s Business Solutions and Technology Division (BSTD) is hiring recent grads for a two-year stint, beginning in January 2024 and ending in December 2024. Graduates will receive technical training and other forms of education at the SARB Academy. Graduates of the program will occasionally work in a Data Lab environment, tackling a wide variety of use cases.
You must satisfy the following requirements to participate in the Graduate Development Programme at the South African Reserve Bank:
- Applicants must have earned a degree beyond that a bachelor’s;
- Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of at least 65% from their senior year;
- Have a burning interest in pursuing a career in the banking and/or government sectors;
- exhibit a history of academic success;
- Successful candidates will have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Hold a valid South African passport
- Take an active interest in learning new things.
Courses That Qualify
- Economics, Econometrics, Research, Policy Analysis, Modeling, Public Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Statistics, Financial Management, Information Technology, Law, Portfolio or Investment Management, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Business Analysis, Project Management, Risk Management (Operational & Financial Risk), Treasury, Economics, & International Relations.
How to Apply for a Position
Instructions for submitting your application to the Graduate Development Programme are as follows.
- Employees must use the ERP system to submit their applications.
- Those interested from the outside can apply at www.resbank.co.za.
Include a copy of your identification document and transcripts with your application.
Everyone who applies will be notified of the decision. The selection process entails tests, interviews, and a background check for those who are cut.
Submissions must be received by April 14, 2023.