Recruitment Exercise for Young Nigerian Graduates by the NDLEA: Employment applications from qualified Nigerians are being accepted by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). Opportunities are organized here.
All signups must be completed via the web. Starting on Sunday, 12 March 2023, and ending on Saturday, 8 April 2023, applicants will have four weeks to submit their applications online.
Company/Organization: National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
Job Type: Graduate Jobs/Full-Time
Location: NDLEA headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
Minimum Qualification: Graduates/Recent Graduates/Professionals.
Information on the NDLEA’s Job Fair for Recent Nigerian College Grads
The National Drug Law Enforcement Administration (NDLEA) accepts applications in the following fields:
- Cadre of Superintendents (Specialist or Generalist):
- CONPASS (08) – Assistant Superintendent of Narcotic II – Bachelor’s/Honors Degree and NYSC
- Release/Exemption Certificate
- An LL.B, BL, B.Eng with (CORREN), B.Pharm, etc., is required for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotic I on CONPASS (9).
- CONPASS (10) Deputy Superintendent, Narcotic – Veterinary Medical Degree
- Agents of the Drug Cartel:
- An NCE, RN, RM, pharmacy tech, lab tech, dental tech, or equivalent from an accredited educational institution is required for the position of Chief Narcotic Agent on CONPASS (07).
- Senior Narcotic Agent CONPASS (06) – ND or equivalent required.
- Criminally Assisted Substance Abuse Services Specialist (CONPASS) (05) – 5 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB, with English and Mathematics required.
- A minimum of four credits in either English or mathematics from an accredited high school or regional examination board is required for the Narcotic Assistant I CONPASS (04) certificate.
- CONPASS Level II Narcotic Helper (03) Artisans, Mechanics, Drivers, Cleaners/Gardeners, etc. – 3 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB, including English or Mathematics
- Secondary school diploma or Trade Exam Level 2 or Level 3
Applicants to the NDLEA Recruitment Exercise for Young Nigerian Graduates must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Applicants must be born in Nigeria and possession of a valid National Identity Number. (NIN). Additionally, it is highly recommended that all cadres be proficient in using computers.
- If a candidate does not present all required credentials for a position at the time of recruitment, they will not be considered for promotion.
- A certificate of physical fitness from a government-run hospital is required of all applicants.
- Applicants in the first category cannot be younger than 18 or older than 35, while those in the second and third categories must be at least 30 and no younger than 18, respectively, at the time of entry.
- In the case of doctors and drivers of articulated vehicles, however, the age of 40 will be taken into account.
- Male applicants must be at least 1.65 meters tall and female applicants must be at least 1.60 meters tall.
- A valid license to practice in one’s field is required of doctors and other healthcare professionals, and admission to the bar is required of attorneys.
- All applicants must be clean of drugs, have impeccable moral standing, and have no criminal records.
- When applying online, candidates must use their contact information, including email and phone numbers.
How to Apply for a Position
How-to-Apply: To participate in the NDLEA Recruitment Exercise for Young Nigerian Graduates, interested parties should do the following:
- Check out NDLEA online at ndlea.gov.ng.
- To apply, go to Careers, read the guidelines, and then select Apply Now.
- You will be taken to the section listing all available categories. (selected from lists of categories)
- Please complete the form and attach all necessary documents.
- Pictures of Passports
- Credentials from Schools
- Proof of Origination Certificate
- Evidence of Age (such as a Declaration of Birth)
- Government-issued photo ID
- Certificate of Completion or Exemption from New York State Military Service
- When the application is complete, applicants should print out the generated slip.
- Successful applicants will be asked to complete additional screening paperwork.
- All accepted candidates will be subject to random drug testing for the duration of their employment with the Agency.
- Only those who are selected for further review and interview will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is April 8, 2023.