Training with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is happy to announce internship opportunities for the year 2023. This opening is for you if you are a talented, motivated, and enthusiastic person from anywhere in the world who can contribute new information, fresh perspectives, and creative solutions to improve the organization’s ability to aid those who have been compelled to escape their homes.
The UNHCR Internship Programme provides qualified students and recent graduates with the opportunity to get work experience in the humanitarian sector relevant to their field of study and professional goals.
Program Type: Internship Opportunities
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: 2 – 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
UNHCR Internships 2023: Eligibility Requirements
All qualified applicants, regardless of nationality, are encouraged to apply for internships.
- All applicants must be either recent graduates or current students at a UNESCO-accredited university or other higher education institution;
- The applicant must have a minimum of two years of the college experience in a field related to or interesting to the organization’s mission; and
- At the time of application, no member of the applicant’s immediate family (father, mother, brother, or sister) may be employed by UNHCR as staff under any sort of contract or as an affiliate.
- Candidates who have graduated within the past two years are considered recent graduates for internships with UNHCR.
- Includes basic living expenses such as rent, utilities, and food
- Costs associated with getting to and from the duty station on both ends are paid for.
- Provides financial assistance toward the intern’s visa application process
Steps to Apply
Internships with UNHCR are posted on their primary recruitment site regularly. Anyone who meets the requirements and is interested should apply through the website. You’ll need to register with the hiring portal and submit your resume before you can apply for positions that interest you.
Endless Acceptance of Applications